Our site is not fully compatible with Internet Explorer. We strongly suggest using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
FTMANAGER V3.10 UPDATE AVAILABLE - FT500LITE, FT500, FT600
February 01, 2017
Follow the steps below to update the module:
Step 1: Before update the ECU, back up the maps and logs in the module: It`s recommended to back up all the important maps and logs contained in the FT500, FT500LITE or FT600 the update won`t delete the maps, but will delete the logs.
Step 2: Download version 3.10 of FTManager: Download the new version in the "Software> FTManager" menu at FuelTech site or CLICK HERE to download the new version.Then execute the program and wait for the installation to finish.
Step 3: Open the FTManager software and plug the USB cable into the ECU, click in "Tools" tab and then the icon "ECU Updater".
Step 4: A new window will show up, click "Update" and wait until the update ends, when a pop up is displayed on the screen. In the right side of the screen, there will be the "Release Notes", describing all the news about the release.
FT500, FT500LITE and FT600 v3.10 Update:
- Dashboard can have up to 4 screens with navigation through the screen or an external button.
- Accelerometer: Accelerometer correction factor allows you to adjust the measurements by comparing the speed of the accelerometer with the drag and setting the correction factor.
- 2-step status LED turns on immediately by pressing the button (without waiting for validation).
- All Power FT ECU Line (FT500 – FT500LITE - FT600)
- Improvements in acceleration fuel enrichment. (IT IS NECESSARY TO ADJUST THE ACCELERATION FUEL ENRICHMENT VALUES OF YOUR MAP, generally a reduction around 50% in the maximum fuel on pump shot).
- New start button. Allows to start and shut down the engine via a relay connected to an output switching the starter. The switching can be operated with an external button or a dashboard button.
- New firing orders:
- 1-2-4-3 (Most motorcycle).
- 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 (Chevrolet LS).
- 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8(compatible with Ford Modular).
- Individual cylinder trim allows bank selection either by RPM or MAP.
- Speed inputs.
- Improved speed reading to identify speed as soon as the vehicle moves.
- Increased speed channel resolution recorded in the datalogger.
- Increased frequency of the 2-step channel on FTCAN 2.0.
- Configuration parameters moved to RPM advanced mode. Existing maps continue to display values editing:
- Ignition delay.
- MSD Legacy cut.
- Ignition cut maximum level and RPM progression range for 2-step and general ignition cut.
- Ignition cut channel has a queue of events recorded in the datalogger.
- FTSPARK compatibility.
- Output configuration serial bus (1 wire that allows to use a single output to drive all the cylinders of the engine.
- MAPxRPM table allows you to set the ignition energy in each engine condition.
- Diagnostics and status via CAN communication also allows the data to be recorded in the datalogger.
- Allows easily selection of any stage facilitating the adjustment at the moment near the run start.
- Wheelie control.
- New control method using timing retard and ignition cut tables for the drag racing mode.
- Generic duty cycle control.
- New method of control per MAP table.
- Pressure overall trim allows you to quickly increase or decrease the pressure of the entire map or of each gear individually.
- Displaying each gear based map individually. Also allows you to edit the time indexes individually.
- Improvement on the RPM based traction controls strategy:
- New higher resolution RPM channel (RPM#2 now listed as RPM Traction Control).
- Upgraded timing control strategy that results on a smoother RPM line when traction control is applied.
- Added output selection at 0 and 12V at camshaft control function; Improvements and general fixes.
- Idle speed by TPS table is now recalculated when changing between multipoint and sequential.
- Software FTManager
- Interface settings Rearranging.
- Dashboard configuration via FTManager (PC).
- Start button allows to start and shut down the engine through the FTManager software (ideal to use with engine dynos).
- BoostController: Displaying each gear based map individually. Also allows you to edit the time indexes individually.
- Output test function:
- Added ignition output test (5 pulses).
- Message indicating that the test can not be performed when the ECU is not powered on with12V.
- FTSPARK output test
Also in Articles
May 02, 2023
Luis’ racing season started strong with a runner-up finish during Lights Out 14
April 25, 2023
An entire new line-up of go-fast fun has been opened with FuelTech forging its way into the jet ski market.
April 24, 2023
FuelTech is expanding beyond the asphalt, dirt, and sand to the water with the introduction of plug-and-play kits for Yamaha and Sea-Doo jet skis!