Our site is not fully compatible with Internet Explorer. We strongly suggest using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
FTMANAGER V3.00 UPDATE AVAILABLE - FT500LITE, FT500, FT600
Follow the steps below to update the module:
Step 1: Before update the ECU, back up the maps and logs in the module: It`s recommended to back up all the important maps and logs contained in the FT500, FT500LITE or FT600 the update won`t delete the maps, but will delete the logs.
Step 2: Download version 3.0 of FTManager: Download the new version in the "Software> FTManager" menu at FuelTech site or CLICK HERE to download the new version.Then execute the program and wait for the installation to finish.
Step 3: Open the FTManager software and plug the USB cable into the ECU, click in "Tools" tab and then the icon "ECU Updater".
Step 4: A new window will show up, click "Update" and wait until the update ends, when a pop up is displayed on the screen. In the right side of the screen, there will be the "Release Notes", describing all the news about the release.
FT500, FT500LITE and FT600 v3.0 Update:
- New dashboard, more intuitive and clean, features new gauge options including 3x2 accelerometer and 3x2 gear indicator. More options and flexibility to suit any kind of application.
- Progressive shift LEDs: Set color and RPM for each LED and highlight the gear shift with different color or flashing all LEDs.
- Side LEDs for alerts: set alerts, button status (2-step, burnout, ...), and any logic you want using up to 3 sensors.
- Integrated power shift function for levers with strain gauge or 0-5V amplified load cell.
- Integrated Accelerometer and Gyroscope: calibrate the sensor according to your installation and then analyze the data recorded in the log for the best vehicle set-up: acceleration and lateral G-force, pitch and roll angle, pitch and roll angle rate, distance, speed and direction from a valid start.
- Added VR differential cam sync sensor.
- Added CAN port B.
- Added brightness setting for LEDs.
- Demonstration mode updated to display new features.
- Power FT line (FT500 – FT500LITE – FT600)
- New alerts:
- High Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT): Identify when any cylinder is heating up more than normal.
- Low Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT): Identify if any cylinder is not functioning properly (mechanically or electronically) through a low EGT.
- O2 Closed-loop limit alert identifies that the closed loop hit its programmed compensation limit, what can indicate something is wrong with fuel injection, like clogged injector or just the need to tune a specific part of the map.
- New staging control function for automatic transmission (torque converter), allowing one button on the steering wheel to move the car from the pre-stage to the stage with the engine already in 2step.
- New output activated by burnout mode, allowing the activation of any external device, like a line lock for burnout.
- 2-step improvements:
- Added a clutch button input so the 2-step switches off with the clutch coupling, without having to keep the 2-step button pressed all the time.
- New line lock output during 2-step.
- Launch delay, set a delay to keep the 2-step pressed after releasing the button, used to adjust the reaction time on the launch, always releasing the button on the first yellow of the tree.
- FT Datalogger Software
- The datalogger advanced mode allows you to choose which channels to record and to set the acquisition rate by channel, allowing you to save memory.
- New option that attaches the current map to the log file and allows anyone with the log to open the map that generated it – can be disabled.
- New edition screen for color, scaling and recording frequency ensures quick and easy customization.
- Log comparison has become much simpler; with a single click you can analyze all the open logs on a single screen.
- New Clear Graphs button that unchecks all selected channels from the open log.
- New button to open map saved in the log.
- New log channels: fuel flow, injection time and injector DC opening per cylinder, plus the ignition retard per cylinder.
- Several other usability improvements.
- Software FTManager
- New FT Manager splash screen with shortcuts to key functions, maps and recently opened logs.
- "Map options" allow you to show only the functions that you want, hiding the unused ones from the quick access list.
- Full compatibility between FT500 and FT600, read and write maps from one to another.
- Connection with the game Project CARS.
- Several other usability improvements.
- Added a pressure curve of the Wastegate Boost Control to the time based compensations screen.
- Display time of the time based compensations screen is now editable.
- Day/night mode: new options to switch the display brightness mode. Selection through the screen, with a dashboard button or using an external switch.
- Dashboard displays have configurable maximum and minimum display limits.
- Automatic pin assignment for sequential ignition on 10 and 12 cylinder engines.
- Improved association of the EGT-8 CAN, now the EGT can be associated without being connected to CAN.
- Once the cam sync sensor is configured, it will only be possible to disabled it if there is no sequential injection or ignition configured (these settings require the use of cam sync sensor).
- Changed the validation time of engine protection alerts from 1 second to 200ms with 2 seconds lockout time after engine start.
Also in Articles
FuelTech is proud to announce it has become the series sponsor of the prestigious NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series for the remainder of the 2022 racing season.
his year the biggest radial events, including the Duck X Productions competitions, are combined to create a championship series dubbed the FuelTech Radial Outlaws Racing Series.
FuelTech recently released a new product to bring fuel injector control to the next level