FTMANAGER V2.10 UPDATE AVAILABLE - FT500
Follow the steps below to update the FT500 module:
Step 1: Before update the ECU, back up the maps and logs in the module: It`s recommended to back up all the important maps and logs contained in the FT500, the update won`t delete the maps, but will delete the logs.
Step 2: Download version 2.10 of FTManager: Download the new version in the "Software> FTManager" menu at FuelTech site or CLICK HERE to download the new version.Then execute the program and wait for the installation to finish.
Step 3: Open the FTManager software and plug the USB cable into the FT500 ECU, click in "Tools" tab and then the icon "FT Updater".
Step 4: A new window will show up, click "Update" and wait until the update ends, when a pop up is displayed on the screen. In the right side of the screen, there will be the "Release Notes", describing all the news about the release.
- FT CAN 2.0: New 1Mbps broadcast CAN bus communication protocol. Faster and more robust. Allows ability to communicate and have feedback of many FuelTech and third party products.
- Product new release WB-O2 Nano WB-O2 Nano CAN compatibility.
- CAN Upgraded previous product version WB-O2 Slim (please contact FuelTech for more information how to upgrade your Slim to CAN).
- Product new release EGT-8 CAN compatibility.
- Up to 32 sensor inputs per CAN product.
- FT500 datalog now records all CAN bus sensors diagnostic status.
- Smart CAN product replacement.
- New CAN products diagnostic screen on the FT500.
- New O2 sensor setup options
- Separation between Narrow and Wideband O2 sensor settings.
- O2 sensors now accepted by FT CAN 2.0 bus.
- Multiple O2 sensors allowed: General, left bank, right bank and per cylinder.
- O2 correction:
- Now available to choose which O2 sensors will be considered as the O2 correction target O2.
- When multiple O2 sensors are selected, a new calculated average “O2 Closed Loop” channel will be used as O2 correction target.
- Safety feature to discard failure O2 sensors from the “O2 closed loop” channel is available.
- O2 reading now 10 times more resolution. Steps both for target tables and for display and datalog.
- Time based feature simulation test mode:
- Simulation test mode with engine off that allows user to validate all the time based and specific output features.
- Real time engine signal emulation with engine off: RPM, MAP, TPS, coolant temperature and intake air temperature.
- Test mode safety conditions: powered EFI and engine off.
- Gear shift output feature new options:
- Automatic by RPM and time, Manual shift and both Automatic and Manual mode available.
- Updated to control many drag racing transmissions:
- 2 and 3 speed drag racing automatic transmission.
- Air shifted clutchless transmission.
- Air or electrical shifted sequential dog box with power reduction feature required (powershift).
- Lenco transmission up to 6 speed.
- General improvements:
- Decel Cut-off mode added to engine diagnostic.
- FT500 startup screen now shows the active selected map file name on bottom left.
- Idle control A/C compensation now doesn’t require the A/C output to be selected to apply this compensation.
- New K-type thermocouple (EGT probe) predefined options for engine coolant temperature and intake air temperature (both possible to be wired as analog input in conjunction with the FuelTech ETM-1 conditioner or through CAN bus from one of the EGT-8 CAN product.).
- RPM crank and cam sync voltage level settings located in advanced mode to simplify regular application.
- Improved gear detection by driveshaft or wheel speed versus gear ratio strategy.
- More output features now have a selection if the output is active by sending ground (0V) or 12 volts (yellow outputs only):
- Progressive Nitrous output.
- Boost Controller output.
- Pro-Nitrous outputs.
- Wheelie Control outputs.
- FT Manager and Datalogger software:
- New datalog file information tabs:
- Dynamometer plot overlay: it is possible to import an exported file from most dynamometer computers and overlay it into the FT datalog file. Also possible to manually type the horsepower and torque table if exported file is not available.
- Drag racing: Incrementals are now possible to be manually included and will set marks on the datalog. Splits will be also calculated.
→ Car rollout compensation
→ Reaction time
→ 660ft time and speed
→ 1320ft time and speed
→ Custom length field
- Circuit racing: possible to wire a “beacon” lap finish input that will separate datalog file into laps and list lap time list table. Also, lap time can also be introduced manually.
- Session, car, driver, track and weather info fields also available.
- Wiring harness diagram now display custom input channel names.
- Datalogger software closure question about save the open file.
- TPS won’t be recorded in datalog when not used on the map.
- Datalog total channel capacity increased from 64 to 128 channels.
- New datalog channels for idle control compensations