The FuelTech FTSPARK is an extremely high energy Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) system designed to meet the highest spark requirements for racing. Developed for high horsepower combinations and tested proven on 5,000+ horsepower engines!
It is compatible with any ECU on the market! It's able to generate a spark with up to 600mJ (mJ=mili Joules) of energy and is capable of firing the spark with 125 Amps of current in the coil primary. With these features, FTSPARK generates a spark with approximately 5 times more energy and 10 times more current compared to a SparkPRO ensuring a burn in any condition, especially in extremely rich air fuel ratios.
- Compatible with piston and rotary engines
- Programmable power between 400mJ and 600mJ through CAN or analog input for energy level adjustment
- Coil primary current up to 250amps (depends on coil)
- CAN communication with FuelTech Power FT ECU line for equipment diagnostics and datalogger channel recording
- Anodized aluminum housing
- Automotive connector with gold-plated terminals
- Serial bus (1 wire) allows to use only one output from the ECU to trigger all FTSPARK ignition outputs
- 430v to coil primary voltage, which helps prevent system interference
- Size: 4.92 x 6.0 x 1.9 in., Weight: 32.8 oz
- Maximum operating time with minimum power 400mJ: limited by the maximum operating temperature
- Maximum operating time with maximum power 600mJ: 20 seconds
- Voltage supply required for full power: 14-19V. Minimum engine start voltage 8V
- Maximum operating frequency: 670 Hz
Maximum Current Consumption:
FTSPARK-1 (1 coil): 20A / 30A / 40A to 4,6,8 cylinders @ 10000rpm
FTSPARK-4 (4 coils): 20A @ 10000RPM
FTSPARK-6 (6 coils): 30A @ 10000RPM
FTSPARK-8 (8 coils): 40A @ 10000RPM
MAPxRPM table to adjust energy level of the FTSPARK with a FuelTech Power FT ECU:
- Each output has an individual monitoring channel for the discharging time on the coil, which allows to diagnose malfunctions on the coils, channels or harness. The discharge time of the capacitor is not related to spark time, a long discharge might indicate problems on the coil or harness and connector.
- Shows the effective power received by the FTSPARK.
Supply voltage drop:
- Shows the difference of the voltage supply between the FTSPARK and the ECU. In case this value is too high, there might be a problem on the power harness of the FTSPARK.
Capacitor voltage 1 and 2:
- FTSPARK has two capacitors banks that are charged and discharged alternately on the outputs, allowing for high engine rotations and operation on ROTARY engines, the first bank of capacitors fires the outputs A-C-E-G and the second bank fires the outputs B-D-F-H.
Capacitor charge time 1 and 2:
- The monitoring of the charging time allows the diagnostic of a possible internal problem on the FTSPARK, power deficiency or RPM limit settings where the required charging time cannot be respected.
Contents of Packaging
- 1 FTSPARK-6
- 1 operation and installation guide
- 1 electrical harness for installation (optional)
- 1 mounting kit (4 rubber mounts, 8 washers and 8 ¼” nuts)